2/17/10

With LOVE to Darrick in TX

I think I've been avoiding posting because I have to confirm that Eliana is really gone now. She went home to Trinidad to be adopted by a relative who, as the social worker put it, "has every intention of spoiling her rotten." We had Eliana for 10 1/2 months and loved her very much. I have a lot of confidence in the placement and am so glad she had a happy ending. It still makes me sad when I see babies her age, she was such a glowing and cheerful baby, and I miss her.



Darrick is in Texas this whole month so I figure the pictures I was going to send him, I might as well just load onto the blog since I haven't updated in quite some time. Here is a picture just for daddy taken early in the month:

Lauren's new pair of glasses (I let her pick them out, I don't think I'll do that again for awhile), the old ones broke on day 2 of trampoline exposure:
(This black eye was the result of day 1 on the trampoline)
Here's a more recent picture of Bryn, the full on smiles looked a little too akward to post:
The girls and their cousin, Calissa:
Their Aunt Alli made tutu's for ALL the girl cousins (two not pictured):

They all got cute suckers for Valentine's with BIG plastic lips on the other side:
This picture was just taken yesterday, yes it is FEBRUARY and the temp was probably a high of 65 degrees, the water was from the HOSE. These little popsicles spent at least 3 hours out there! Crazy kids.

5 comments:

James and Laura Neibaur said...

Oh Krista, I'm so sorry you are missing Eliana. You are such a super woman to have five kids at once and two under the age of one! Sorry Darrick is gone too--I don't know how you do it. James has been gone for ten days and I'm already going crazy :) Miss you guys and we hope we get to see you soon--if not in Idaho, we want to head to Vegas for our next vacation--we won't bombard your house with our boys though--we'll try to get a hotel ;)

Toni said...

The girls are so cute. Such fun personalities. I'm sure the start in life you gave Eliana will serve her well. You're awesome.

Matt and Jenny Mitchell said...

Oh my gosh! your girls are just tooo much, I love it! eliana grew up adorably and so did maddie! I just can't believe what a few months does. I love the glasses that lauren picked, your a good mom for letting her pick them out!:) and maddie's hair! the curls, so darn cute. can't wait to see you guys in a month!

Shalie said...

Very cute. Your kids are adorable, I love their blonde hair. Why is your hubby away? It looks like things are going just great and dandy. That is wonderful that Eliana went to a family member who will treat her right, but it's got to be hard to say goodbye, I'm so sorry.

Christa said...

Krista, they are cuter every time I see them! And you finally got one with your curls! Miss ya....