5/18/10

Katlyn had her last little cheer performance last week, so I thought I'd post the highlights. I would have prefered to cut down the video clip, I have no idea how, so sorry about the length. (If you want to skip to start at around 1:00 you can watch from there, she starts the clip on the far left and from about the minute mark on is a litte more front and center.)
Katlyn's signature move is the "scorpion." Darrick and Katlyn are attempting a demonstration for you:
My little cheerleader. I've promised Darrick we will be doing a sport next.
There was an annual "Strawberry Festival" held nearby last week that we couldn't pass up. They shipped strawberries picked that very morning in CA straight to the festival here in Las Vegas and then sold them for a whopping $30 per flat. Ouch. 3 little baskets for $9. Well, we ended up settling at half a flat for $16. Katlyn and Lauren both won in the strawberry rolling contest and wound up with 3 free meal vouchers to Sweet Tomatos, so not a bad deal after all.My friend Jenn took this precious picture of Mads while she was playing at her house. I just love it. While waiting on the sidewalk for Lauren at the bus stop last week, Madelyn looked and me and said, "Mommy turn the air on!" Yes indeed, it is warming up for the summer!
Here are a couple pictures of Madelyn and her best friend Liv playing.... sadly she is MOVING next month.
To my dismay, Bryn has figured out the scooting/crawling method. She is now 6 months old, so I suppose it was time... but you can just never go back, it makes me sad.
By the way, I am probably going to enroll my school-aged children in a school (Nevada Virtual Adademy) considered "distance education." We have weighed out far more pro's to the option. However, the biggest con will be the strain of having them home 24/7, grocery shopping, errands, appointments, etc. It will definitely be a new adventure.

4 comments:

James and Laura Neibaur said...

Krista, that is such a cute video of Kaitlyn. And the picture of Mads is SO pretty. We can't wake to meet Bryn too. We are so excited to see you guys next week! James is trying to postpone Idaho until Tuesday or Wednesday to go to a baseball game here--so Darrick might need to talk to him. Don't tell him I said that.

Jenn said...

Love the pictures of Liv and Madelyn. I guess they will just have to be pen pals.

Toni said...

I think Darrick needs to work on his scorpion move a little bit more (:

James and Laura Neibaur said...

Hi! We hope you got home safely--we were so sad in the car on the way home. Warren keeps talking about going back and jumping on the tramp. I hope we get to see you guys again soon!