10/27/09

Track break= visit to CA

I really tried to put this picture at the end, because it is the night we returned from our week long visit to CA without Daddy. Our departure scene was horrible, Darrick driving away to work in the morning- away from his tear-streaked girls who were so heart broken to be leaving him.
This is our little trip down the street to the zoo with just a few older cousins. This is my sister in the far left corner who delivered full-term quadruplets (they just turned 2)... HELLO!! She looks great. There isn't a zoo in Vegas, so this was a treat for my kids. Look... I finally have a little girl with some curls :) I can't wait for the baby fine hair to really fill in, and she'd better keep the curl!
I encouraged the break out of some Halloween outfits for a little dinner party and it evolved to full blown costumes, decorations, activities, Halloween hair accessories, nail polish, the works. I felt bad afterward, it's not like my sister doesn't have much to do with 11 kids on her hands and we made it look like a Halloweed bomb had just exploded in her house (right before the dinner party was to start). Kids enjoyed it though!

All five of these little tots got to some serious work trying to bring back to life the car with no engine. It was a hoot.
All of my down time was spent working on getting my dad settled into his new home just down the street from my sisters house. He had only been moved in 3 days when we got there so there was and still is plenty of work to do. My other sister, Shannon, (who I didn't end up with a picture of this visit) is furnishing/decorationg it. His old stuff is banned from coming any closer than the garage. It's quite a lot of work when it gets down to it, but it was fun to sit in on the shopping and decorating for a little while. I can't wait for it all to come together and be done. This is the master bedroom that I got to occupy during my stay, still not complete but has most all major pieces.








1 comment:

Unknown said...

The PJs are so cute on them! I was sooo worried that they weren't going to fit. you shouldve seen me wondering around that store!:) I was one lost chick! Miss you guys, so great to see pics of your trip. Looks like you had an awesome time....and you're still pregnant! wow. love and miss you guys. thanks again and again for a fun time! we look forward to seeing you in the spring.