11/4/10

summer/fall 2010




Well, I have had the most horrible time yet in downloading pictures to a post here.  I tried using the new updated software for new posts and it won't download from my computer, so I had to download them all to a webpage first to download them from there to here- anyways, several didn't make it at all, and those that did are NOT in the order I wanted.  AGH.  Continuing on:
Katlyn & Darrick's cake and party with Wayne and family.
 Katlyn's baptism day. 


This is a wild burro or donkey, somewhat tamed by the constant stream of tourists (like ducks flocking to bread throwers at a pond).  Just have to keep your eye out for them on the coutry roads.

Halloween pajamas.  Only outfits they all have that are matching, they love them, thanks Jenny :)

This is at a K12 race/relay for the home study students.  Our color was purple.


Wouldn't you love to go shopping with us?  We hadn't shoved Bryn in there, yet, but this was my sister and my Walmart excursion.  Fun stuff.

My crazy 16 yr. old sister put on a wonderful Halloween party for 12 of the grandkids, half of them 3 years old!!!  Did I mention it was a slumber party to boot?  She did an amazing job- & my sisters, mom, and myself had an amazing night out at a Brazilian steakhouse- yummy!  Everyone was HAPPY.  Even the kids rebounded very well from the sugar and sleeplessness over the weekend.

My sister and brother-in-law took us out boating/picnicing.  It was a very fun and relaxing excursion.  Even had the opportunity to potty on a floating port-a-potty thing.  Never seen one of those before!
 We decided it was a little too cold to swim, but they still got their legs in for a dip.
 Until Madelyn slipped and fell in the water.  After getting soggy clothes off and bundled in towels she was OUT COLD in less than 10 minutes (the slumber party had been the night before).
My kids had the opportunity to dress up 5 different times for parties and clebrations, so they decided to keep things lively and change it up a bit.  I only have pictures of 3.  I am most disappointed at not getting a picture of Katlyn as the white queen in the most recent "Alice in Wonderland."  She spent a long time getting to look just like how Anne Hathaway did.
Darrick got home from work one day and went a little crazy on the loose teeth in the house.  I was only able to post this one picture of the event, but in the end he extracted Lauren's two front teeth, one bottom tooth, and a loose top tooth of Katlyn's.  FYI there were more smiles than tears and all patients were volunteers, perhaps coaxed by bribing.
 Katlyn's and Lauren's teachers from this last school year.  They miss them, they did a good job!

 Lauren's kindergarten graduation was in her classroom and with siblings and parents and more it was CROWDED.  I had a stroller with me to help with camera, video, and baby things so was not able to leave Bryn to help Lauren and Madelyn through the snack table afterward.  I couldn't even follow them with my eyes through the mass of people over there.  This is what they emerged with:  YIKES!

6 comments:

Shalie said...

Looks like you had a fun season!

Toni said...

The girls are getting so big. They look great in their costumes.

Katie B Thurgood said...

The kids look absolutely darling! I lost your number:( and I miss talking to you. I want to all that is up with you guys!

Matt and Jenny Mitchell said...

I soooooooo enjoy looking at your blog and reading about how you guys are doing. You do such an awesome job updating those of us far away!!! We miss you. It was awesome having darrick here, we think you should move here:)

Christa said...

Love the update! I can't believe Katlyn is 8! Geez, how old does that make us :) How much longer are you guys in Las Vegas anyways? Miss ya......

Joyelle said...

you seriously have the cutest family ever!!! loved all those pics of your guys!! looks like so much fun!!! :) hope we get to hang out again... gotta get bk to st.g via vegas!!! :) xoxo